Thursday, March 17, 2011

Introspective Thursdays : Psalm 1:3

There has been alot of strong winds and rain here lately.
This morning, we woke up to this.


The (mango) tree we had in the backyard for 5 years got uprooted and fell over.


I guess we had all been waiting for this to happen seeing how it never once flowered and bore fruit.

Then I remembered the analogy of the tree in 

Psalm 1: 3 He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.

I guess this is what happens when we do not grow your roots deep and well into solid foundation, easily toppled over, broken, by harsh conditions around us. 

I couldn't help chuckling to myself that perhaps the tree didn't read the bible much and was spiritually barren as well.  Because for 5 years, it didn't bear any fruit either.

Goodbye, tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment