Thursday, March 17, 2011

Reading


Lately, I've been going around asking people where they find time to read, how their reading patterns are like.  Do they read a book in one sitting? Or take 6-9 months to finish one, if it ever happens (like me), or just read a chapter here and there when they feel like it?

this photo inspired me to take out my own little collection of vintage books and give them a little TLC.

I love buying books, I like reading.  The only problem is finishing them.  How to find the time amidst the crazy schedules?
More often than not, my books end up in my "I'm still reading them" stack, and usually stays there for months.  Which is why, I decided to take a new approach to the books as I buy - treating them as reference books (since I only seem to read non-fiction).  The objective is simply to have them around, you know, like tools.  Refer to them, when I need them.  Of course, the bigger objective is to finish reading them, but heck I've tried for years, and that really doesn't work for me.

That being said, I'm still going to try squeezing in a chapter or two before I go to bed at night.

What is your reading pattern like?

No comments:

Post a Comment