Thursday, March 3, 2011

Introspective Thursdays : The Journey

I was clearing out my bag when I found a copy of the church bulletin from 2 weekends ago.  Alot of times we get the church bulletin and brush past it, and it gets chucked into a little corner and forgotten.  Today I felt prompted to read the Pastor's Pen column.


{exerpts from 26 & 27 Feb 2011 "The Call and The Journey", TCC}

"The call is often a memorable and crucial turning point.  When you answered God's call to follow Him as His disciple, to start a new work, to serve Him, etc, there were probably struggles and uncertainties.  But there was also a sense of anticipation, hope, and submission."

"But the JOURNEY...now thats a different story. We take those first steps with a keen sense of God's presence and leading, full of dreams and hopes. But the journey is also often long and arduous, fraught with difficlties, pain and even regret..."

"It takes a man or woman of courage, strength, great faith and security in God to go beyond answering the call, to journeying with Him. The challenges of the office, business, home and one's relationships; the dry spells of our lives, the searing heat of anger, grief and sicknesses; the uncertainty of the future and unexpected shocks and roadblocks make it tough to be a good disciple; make it tough to continue serving God; make it tough to be a good testimony at home or at work. Yet, this truth remains - God is still present in our lives, and He is still crafting our hearts and moulding us."

"Friends, don't ever give up the call. Remember: Its the Journey that will change us and make us into the man or woman of God He has destined us to be."

There are some days when we wonder if what we are doing right now is what God has intended or destined for us.  I know I do.  The dreams and visions of the future I have are kept tucked away, and sometimes I lose sight of them.


Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

This verse was impressed upon my heart as I read that bulletin, 
reminding me of the promise I have in Him.  


Maybe today I wasn't so sure about the future. I think sometimes we are so engrossed in "the journey" that we lose sight of the dreams we had, put them away into a little jar and there those dreams are left, forgotten.  But His word is a promise that we have to hold onto for days like these, to remind us of the dreams we have kept tucked away.

"There's always gonna be another mountain. I'm always gonna wanna make it move. Always gonna be an uphill battle, somebody's gonna have to lose. Ain't about how fast I get there, ain't about what's waiting on the other side. Its the climb! Keep on moving, keep climbing. Keep the faith." {the climb, Miley Cyrus}

I'll sing this song and keep Jeremiah 29:11-13 at the back of my hand today. It'll be enough to keep me going. Even if it is just for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment